Planning Your Visit
The following links to other websites are provided to help you plan your visit.
Travelling to Philadelphia
Car – It is strongly advised that you take public transportation to campus during Commencement. However, if you must drive, directions to Franklin Field can be found on the Penn Athletics website. For GPS purposes, the address of Franklin Field is 235 South 33rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. For information about parking on campus please see Parking.
Public Transportation - SEPTA is the regional public transportation system, and Franklin Field is a five-minute walk from bus stops on routes 21, 30, and 42, and the University City regional rail station. Franklin Field is also a stop on the route 40 bus.
Plane - Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is the closest airport to Penn. If you are traveling from the airport to Penn's campus, it is a short (approximately 15 minutes) drive. You can also take SEPTA's airport line to the University City stop.
Train – 30th Street Station is the closest Amtrak stop to Penn. From there, it is a five-minute taxi ride or ten-minute walk to campus.
Explore the city with the help of The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation web site.
If you must drive, do remember that there will be tremendous traffic congestion and parking will be limited, so arrive early. It is a regular workday for many people in the area. Parking facilities are located at:
- Walnut 38, University garage -- the northeast corner of 38th and Walnut Streets (enter on 38th Street)
- Sheraton University City, Hotel garage -- 36th and Chestnut Streets
- Walnut 40, University garage -- 40th and Walnut Streets
- Chestnut 34, University garage (limited parking) -- 34th and Chestnut Streets (enter on 34th Street)
- Ludlow 34, University lot -- Ludlow St. (south side) between 33rd and 34th Streets
- Penn Park, University lot -- 31st and lower Walnut Street (accessed from Chestnut Street)
Tips for Attending Penn's Commencement Ceremony
- Gates to Franklin Field open for guest seating at 8:30 a.m.
- Franklin Field is an outdoor venue, so dress appropriately.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Motorized scooters and wheelchairs are permitted at Franklin Field. However, the stadium does not have wheelchairs on site.
- If you have requested seating in the limited mobility section, bring your tickets with you.
- Refreshments can be purchased at the concession stands.
Penn Campus Maps
For your convenience, campus maps are provided by Penn’s Facilities and Real Estate Services.